Vlogging has become a popular term these days, and now everyone is doing it on the internet. You can hang out with your family, talk about your day and share the best moments of your life with the audience.
But, the idea of daily vlogging can seem intimidating. For those who are hesitant to show up in front of the camera and for those who think they may not be good at it, the idea of daily vlogging may seem like a daunting task. However, daily vlogging has many benefits that are worth considering.
So, let’s find out the pros and cons, the dos and don’ts of vlogging, as well as the practicality of daily vlogging for those who are still on the fence.
Is Daily Vlogging Worth It?
For someone who approaches it as a business, daily vlogs are an effective way to establish themselves online and connect with followers. It is a sacrifice worth making. With the right approach, there’s no question that daily vlogging will be worth it for your business.
However, many vloggers have found that it’s isn’t easy to build a following. Also, not all topics work? Imagine daily vlogging for a long time, and you haven’t gained any traction.
If you don’t do daily vlogs correctly, you can be left feeling discouraged, disappointed, and disillusioned about the entire process. And, you must consider this before embarking on a daily vlogging project because if you don’t think it’s worth it, why would anyone else?
Is Vlogging Every Day A Good Idea? What Are The Benefits?
So, why do people vlog if it is hard? They must be finding its worth, and Yes! Vlogging is fantastic if you adhere to its rules and reap the fruits. Here are some of the benefits of daily vlogs.
- With daily vlogging, you build an online persona that attracts people to the information you post about your subject.
- It establishes your expertise in your specialized field and allows you to publish informative, valuable content to others. It also helps you to stay relevant with your target market.
- The benefit of vlogging every day is it builds a unique brand. You can quickly form your personal brand and develop it into something valuable to your business and others.
- The most obvious benefit of vlogging every day is that you build up a loyal following. Your viewers will continue to subscribe to watch your vlogs, even when they do not buy anything from your business at first. And, your audience will grow as time goes by.
- Daily vlogging is a productive exercise that makes you disciplined and focused. With continuous little steps, in no time, you will develop the momentum that will have a snowball effect in building your community and business.
- Daily vlogging offers a greater potential for success in your business because you consistently produce valuable content for others to see. It becomes a great passive income generator as well.
- Vlogging every day is also helpful in building your confidence and encouraging you to continue your daily vlogging. It’s a way to stay focused on your goals because the process will help you feel inspired and motivated.
- It improves your skills and makes you a better communicator. It makes you more aware of your mistakes and the areas that you can improve upon.
- Vlogging documents your life, and it helps you look back and reminisce about your successful journey.
- A chance to be creative: Video blogging is a great way to do something less than 15 minutes long but still requires an element of creativity. By combining yourself with exciting people and everyday occurrences, there’s no limit on what you can say or capture.
How Hard Is Daily Vlogging?
Considering the above benefits, still, daily vlogging isn’t easy in real life. You need to be a hard nut to crank your vlogs every day. But if you can swallow the pain it brings, no one can stop you. So, let’s see why vlogging daily is considered strenuous.
- Daily vlogging can be too much to handle if you don’t have a mindset or motivation.
- The biggest challenge for vloggers is consistency. That’s the thing that will ultimately determine how much success you have in your vlogging venture. But, consistency is not something that comes overnight.
- An essential thing to remember about vlogging is that it requires sacrificing your time and effort. If you are not enthusiastic about what you are doing, vlogging may not be worth it.
- If you are new to the vlogging world, you must know that you will have to put in a lot of effort. Many vloggers also avoid the common mistakes that beginners tend to make without adhering to schedules.
- Vlogging needs a bit of technical skill, especially if you want to use it as a marketing channel. So, it is not just talking to the camera; it needs technological know-how of the video creation process.
- Also, vloggers will have to face many technical challenges if they want to improve their video editing and filming skills. Video also needs good audio. So, in all, you need to know videography and filmmaking skills to engage with your audience.
- You should also have the right equipment for your vlogging requirements and a great internet connection. The process of finding the right gear depends on what you exactly need in your vlogging venture.
- You also have to be mentally strong to face trolling, negative commenting, criticism, and low ratings. You will also have to be prepared to handle the positives because people will love your work.
- Vlogging daily can be risky if you fail to gather any traction over time and cannot monetize your business.
- Picking the right topic and the right keywords are critical to successful vlogging other than your personal skills. If you fail in the former, your channel just won’t give you the desired results.
- Since it takes a considerable amount of time to build an audience, it will be very depressing if you fail to achieve your goal.
- 12. Most people fail because vlogging is just too damn hard in the beginning. You need a tremendous amount of patience as most people give it up at a point where they are on the threshold of making it successful.
How To Make Your Daily Vlogging Work? – The Dos And Don’ts
You can make your daily vlogs work in your favor if you are aware of their do’s and don’ts. So let’s dive into it.
- Like everyone else, you must start small first and then build up your confidence and skills. It’s best to master one video before you move on to another.
- Vlogging is a great way to practice your speaking skills or find a mentor who can help you improve them. Also, your videos help in sharing knowledge and guiding others.
- Many people don’t know how to monetize their videos, which is pretty common among new vloggers, for the simple reason that they don’t know what else to do after setting up their channel and making their videos. It is imperative as it can help you earn some passive income.
- Develop a habit of choosing the path of least resistance. So, talk on topics that come as second nature to you.
- Always be prepared for the worst. You must have a backup plan to fall back on if you cannot hit your target with regular vlogging.
- The key is consistency, not quantity, and you should set small yet realistic goals with a long-term perspective when it comes to daily vlogging as well. It helps in not burning out and also keeps you going.
- It is best to be honest about your views and opinions, and this way, you will be able to connect with your audience.
- The essential thing about vlogging is how confident you are in front of a camera and if you feel comfortable talking to your audience face-to-face. If you are not good at it, still do it as you will become better with time.
- You must keep a strict schedule for daily vlogging. Always stay focused on your goal and not be distracted by anything else that might come between you and your purpose.
- Don’t focus on the result or the money initially. Please focus on the process till it becomes a habitual routine.
- If video creation is taxing for you, it is better to start with weekly vlogs and slowly move towards daily vlogging.
How Long Should An Ideal Daily Vlog Be?
It would help if you start small and then build up your skills. A video blog takes a lot of time as you will have to research the right topic or problem. It will take some time to find the right audience that needs what you have to say.
It’s best to start with daily vlogging, but if your channel doesn’t grow, you can still produce weekly videos since it won’t cost much and is still very helpful.
Initially, keep your video duration under 10 minutes. You could even take these vlogs straight from your phone or camera if you don’t have an editing application and want to save some time. But gradually grow it to the 20-30 minute level when you see the audience engagement is good. It also improves your watch time and helps your videos algorithmically.
So, Is Daily Vlogging Worth It? Vlogging is worth it if you have passion and an actual plan to monetize your videos. You can still have fun daily vlogging without worrying about the struggle to turn a profit. But, it would be best if you did what you enjoy and what will make you happy in life.